Thursday, November 4, 2010

Excess

Excess weight comes in many forms. It's found on the body. Or in a home filled with things- a bookshelf that needs to be filtered through, an extra chair that crowds the room. It's found in the form of a person who lets you give all of your love, time, promises, yet withholds theirs.
It starts to build up. Time flies by, and suddenly you realize you've gained 30 pounds, acquired clutter, and spent years giving priority to people who are emotionally unavailable. A life full of things that keep you occupied, but don't actually fulfill.
These situations don't just occur on their own. They happen when you don't want to believe what's actually going on. You have to recognize the signs and deal with them early on. Cut your calories after you gain the first couple pounds. Clean out your closet. Say goodbye after the first promise is not kept. That's the easy way.
When you don't accept it in the beginning, it's just your own fault for letting it happen. Excess weight doesn't go away by itself- you have to make the decision. And at that point, all you can do is go forward. Learn how to avoid the same mistakes next time.

2 months ago I began giving away my clothes and counting my calories. Today I am 10 pounds lighter, not counting the clothes I got rid of.
In another month or two I will have no excess weight left, in any form.
Although I might keep my hair long.

1 comment:

  1. Shedding ten pounds in a healthy way is a not only proof that you have given your lifestyle a tune-up, but that you have sharpened your awareness and your will. I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete