Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bucket

I'm on the verge of some sort of major life change. Problem is, I don't know what it's going to be. And all of my possibilities revolve around other people's opinions on what I should do with my life. It's exciting... but maddening.

So, instead of waiting around to hear from all these other people, I've decided it's finally time to make my list. My daisy pushing list, we'll call it. Buckets, my auntie says, are just not very ladylike.

I've only included non career or family oriented goals- only things I can organize myself. Now that I've started this list, I find it so silly that I didn't do it sooner! Why wouldn't I start doing everything I've always wanted to? Isn't that really the whole point in living, in the first place?

Now. It's the perfect time.

I'll track my progress on my blog- and if any of you help me accomplish one of these things, you get cookie. Or a kiss.


So here it is, so far:

*Live in a foreign country (France may actually be a real possibility for me in the near future, so that's convenient.)

*Learn how to speak a 2nd language fluently

*Study wine at a vineyard for at least one summer

*Perform significant role in a straight play or film

*Be content with my weight

*Form sketch comedy troupe

*Own pink bike (the old fashioned kind, with a basket)

*Write something people will want to read

*Live by the sea

*Go on road trip with no plans at all (like, a long one)

*Complete major piano work(s)

*Meet a giraffe and elephant (in the wild, not at the zoo)

*Make a croquembouche (don't know what that is? Look it up- they're incredible. Then help me eat it, because I'm not really much of a sweet tooth. Silly, I know.)

*Go on a sailing trip

*Experience New York City at Christmastime

*Race a car

*Go to a ball (a real one!)

*Take a bath with all my friends (Yes! We'll need a very large tub, obviously, a bunch of rubber duckies, and a hell of a lot of bubbles. I think it's totally doable.)




So what do you think? Anyone want to pitch in? Tell me what's on your list!

No comments:

Post a Comment